Monday, December 6, 2010

Run of my life, the first one - Pune marathon

8:48 AM Posted by iSachin No comments
As expected the Sunday wasn't as peaceful as I thought. Had to wake up early in the morning at 5.30 and got ready. I always wanted to participate in a marathon as I consider myself an athlete. But I didn't thought that it would so hard to actually do it. No no not the running part but to wake up... ha ha ha..

Some how I got up with bit insistence from my Uncle. If he had not been there I might have skipped it but to my dismay he was here on Saturday. As I said we got ready and reached at the event place that is at 'Lakdi Bridge'. It was at 7 am something but run was at 8 am. Usually I dont get hungry in the morning but somehow I got and started to search form some pohe. I had only 100Rs not in my pocket.

I found one stall where 'garama garam pohe' were ready and waiting for me. When I asked to him for it he asked for change. I had only 100Rs note and he asked me to bring the change. I was so hungry that I started to ask for change to every passer by but as we know when u need something you don't get it. I never wanted to have Pohe so desperately in my entire life. I am telling u the full description just because I was really hungry. ha ha ha ha..

After having mast Pohe and Tea, I finally arrived at starting place. I never been such a run, only saw on Television but there were many groups. At one peace of road all the school children were seating, waiting for there turn to run. One group was the people from a private company, They really had a very big crowd. Enjoying every bit of it. All were having same jursies, they were promoting there companies by taking part in a charity run.

I think enough of my morning saga its time to have some gyaan(information) on the event, Pune international marathon'

The Pune International Marathon is an annual marathon foot-race run in Pune, India.

The City's tryst with the marathon began way back in 1920's when the famous Deccan Gymkhana hosted the first meeting of the Indian Olympic movement. This was followed by organization of the first ever national marathon of the country in 1919.

Unfortunately, the event was shelved into cold storage with the passage of time. Rebirth of the historic event came by only because of the vision and foresight of Puneites.

Again the newly started marathon's The first edition of the race was begun in 1983, and the 20th edition was held in 2005. It attracts many international participants, who compete with local.


I think enough of my morning saga its time to have some gyaan(information) on the event, Pune international marathon'

Some how I managed to loose my uncle on the bridge where his mates were gathered. I tried to call him but such was the noise that he could here a single word. I let him go and started wonder around looking for something news. They I was biggest scamster of India Suresh Kalmadi on the podium with him there were many athletes one I could recognize was VirDhawal Khade and many other which obviously I didn't know. One thing which caught my eye was Sameera Reddy looking as gorgeous as ever and with him Vivek Oberoy the 'CharityEvent Man'.

["CharityEvent Boy - Vivek oberai and Great Leader of Pune - Suresh Kalmadi..:)

While I was observing lot more things as I should be race began, all my colleague started with me. We were quite fast for some distance, for about 200m. Then we all realize that the race is going to be for 3.5Km and we need not run fast cause our aim was to finish the race and not win the award. As it was a charity run we thought lets walk the remaining 3.3Km distance..ha ha ha..

While we were about to take the right from Lakshmi road for way to Swargate, I had thought of going to Appa Balwant Chawk and take the bus way to home. Later I thought as any way I lost the uncle few minutes earlier, this would be the height of laziness. So I abandoned the Idea and continued my journey.

Some how we reached there, It was about 8 something. We took some pictures, specially me with the Victory Sign in the air like I have just finished the Olympic marathon. Whatever it was, I was joyous that I have finished the race. When I was doing my photo shoot, simultaneously a cultural program was going besides me. The program started with a dance number from 'Des mera rangila' from 'Fanaa' movie. Then there were some lavni performances, I was never been big fan of Lavni but recently there been very good songs so enjoyed it a lot. Some how my uncle reached there and he contacted me. When I met him at the Nehru stadium. Yeah..didn't I tell u our finish was at Nehru stadium.

[Des mera Rangila]

[Zakas Lavni]


[Neha Basin - See the expression of lady sitting behind]

When we actually met, Neha Basin basin came on the stage and started to do her thing..singing and dancing of course. My uncle was list interested in her performance, so we had to leave the venue.

We started our return journey, on foot. When we left the stadium the actual athletes, the professional once started arriving. Everyone on the roadside were cheering for them, which they were least bothered. Anyways we finished our way back somehow which other fellow charity runners.

Once thing I noticed that this was the first time that I had very little sleep and then again had to run at least 500m but I wasn't tired at all. Its another thing that I couldn't sleep after that but felt good. Many be the enthusiasm of the participant and the cool weather we are having in Pune helped me but I surely felt good. This was my first marathon and I didn't run much but I finished and this was enough for me. I think everyone has to participate in such event or should add it in there list of 'Things needs to be done before they die'..ha ha ha ha..

0 comments :